With our season winding down I thought it would be a good time to update everyone on what’s going on with the rest of our season. After the first event we knew we had some work to do in order to get the car figured out, and boy did we ever get it figured out. We took some time after the event to hit the track for testing. This really helped me get settled in the car and figure out what worked and didn’t. After a few testing sessions we had shaved 2-3 seconds of our best lap time from the year prior which was a great success.
We tweaked the car in a few ways mostly just improving on what we already had. The big thing we were looking to improve on was our cooling. I had made the decision to look into venting the hood in order to help improve the efficiency of our radiator and oil cooler setup. I managed to find a company down in the states, Afterhours Performance that made a beautiful carbon fiber duct for EKs. After picking up a used carbon fiber hood it was time to hack it up and install the vent.
Here’s the final result, I have to say it turned out amazing especially considering this was our first time working in carbon fiber.
The difference was astounding, we dropped nearly 15 degrees from our water temperatures and about 10 degrees from our oil temperatures as well. I have to say this was one of our best mods this season. We stil need to work on some more ducting from the back of the radiator to the hood vent, but overall I’m very happy with the results.
The rest of our season has been pretty good, we picked up our first podium finish at Mosport DDT. This was only our second time running on this track however it all managed to come together pretty well for us.
We’re off to the season finale tomorrow at Cayuga, hopefully all goes well. Can’t wait!